On this week’s episode of The Created Life I talk trash with Emma Cohen, co-founder and CEO of FinalStraw, a scrappy start-up that hopes to change consumer habits by replacing single use products with what they’ve dubbed “foreverables”: products they guarantee to last a lifetime.
Emma and I also talk about her path to success, what she’s learned along the way, what she’s inspired by and what she hopes to inspire in others. In the show Emma paraphrases a quote from Noam Chomsky: “with increased privilege comes increased responsibility” and I think that’s a great way to look at it.
On this week’s episode Emma Cohen and Damian Taggart discuss:
- guaranteeing products for life
- empowering consumers to take responsibility for creating demand
- raising $2mm on Kickstarter and selling the first quarter million FinalStraws
- Emma’s career in waste reduction
- challenging “how it’s always been done”
- tending the flame of a formative company
- things you can do right now to reduce waste
- the difference between a need and a want
Visit https://finalstraw.com for more information or to get your own FinalStraw!
Love our work on The Created Life? Show us your support by telling a friend about it, subscribing on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play, scoring some Wildist merch, sponsoring the show or signing up for one of our events. We still have space to include you on the upcoming transformative adventures this July in East Africa! Learn more or drop me a line, I’ll be happy to connect with you or your organization to tell you more about these amazing life-changing programs!